Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Random Dozen

1. Are you pleasant when you're ill, or are you a grumpy, fussy patient?
I'm pretty much grumpy although I won't admit at the time.

2. When you find out that school is canceled (due to inclement weather) what is your gut reaction?
Yay! My husband will be home to help me with the kids

3. What is one domestic skill you wish you could improve?
SEWING....never learned how. I just want to be able to hem something, at least. I can't sew straight at all.

4. Do you decorate your home for Valentine's Day?
Nope. I don't at all but I did decorate my blog.

5. What song is on your mind today?
None today. I have had The Lion King stuck in my head for the last week though. "OH I just can't wait to be king..." Thanks for reminding me.

6. Do you prefer contemporary movies or classic?
both

7. How well do you "compartmentalize" your feelings? For example, how well can you put aside a really trying moment to deal with the immediate situation which is not related to the trying moment, e.g., putting aside a tiff with your spouse in order to finish wallpapering a room.
Horribly! I wish that I could put things away until I have "time" to deal with them. When something is bothering me I can't stop thinking about it until it is dealt with though.

8. What is the first thing that attracted you to your spouse? (Or if you're single, to your best friend.)
I always tell my husband that the first time I saw him I thought "Oooo he's cute. Old but cute." lol I am not joking!

9. When was the last time your heart raced?
A few hours ago when Audrey fell on the baby and she started crying (she's fine btw).

10. What are your memories of Valentine's Day at school?
I don't really have any as I was home schooled until 5th grade.

11. If you were going to receive candy for Valentine's Day, which would you prefer?
Godiva truffles

12. Red or pink?
Definately red...with two girls I am SICK of pink.

5 comments:

  1. Well your blog is very festive : ) I don't decorate for Valentine's Day here either.

    Godiva truffles-yum!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved your answer about "old but cute!" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey now--we made Valentines in homeschool! Love MOM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed your answers. Thanks for sharing!

    until next time... nel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Melissa! It's nice to meet you. I've been negligent in visiting participants lately, but I hope I'm improving. Enjoyed your answers. Hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete