Monday, February 8, 2010

Weekend Happenings

So, things have been pretty upbeat around here this weekend. We aren't running around like crazy or anything but, we have been keeping ourselves from being bored.

Friday we went to the Science Spectrum. It was really fun. We went the weekend before and realized that a ONE day pass was 1/3 the price of an annual pass so, we bought the annual family pass. It has already been TOTALLY worth it. We went Friday and Saturday this week. Saturday they had a kids dental fair. It was pretty fun. We came home with about a half a dozen kids toothbrushes. lol I will probably end up using some for cleaning. They have a childrens room that is HUGE and has all kinds of toys and hands on learning things. I will post some pictures as soon as my camera gets here!

Speaking of that, Best Buy called me and said that it was fixed and should arrive in the next 5 business days. That was on Saturday. So, hopefully I will get it soon. I was having SO much fun taking pictures for P365 and am was doing fairly well. I am really bummed that I missed an entire week and a half. UGH! When I took it in, I had a whole week of pictures that were finished and all I needed to do was post them. So, as soon as I get it I will post those.

On Saturday, my sweet husband gave me my anniversary present early. It was a giftcard to Dillards so that I could go get some Uggs! I was SO excited! He said I got it early because he wanted me to be able to wear them before winter was over. One of the best parts is that it was a giftcard so, I got to go shopping and pick out the ones I wanted. I love to shop for what I want (and he had no idea what to get). It's one of the simple joys that you miss when your husband is in school and you have two little ones and your broke. :) So, off I went to Dillards for 2 WHOLE hours by myself! I found the ones I wanted and absolutely love them! Thanks sweetie!



If you don't have a pair of these I atleast urge you to go try a pair on. They are SO comfortable and soft. Every pair is lined with genuine sheepskin. They come in a TON of different styles but they all have the signature sheepskin lining which is what makes them so awesome.

Yesterday was Sunday and we cooked stuff to take for fellowship meal. My husband cooked a brisket in the oven all night and I made 3 dozen Valentine cookies to take. We were up pretty late finishing it all and he got up early to cut up the brisket and put it in the crockpot to take. We loaded the kids into the car, then went back to get the food. As we were putting the food into the car, I looked at my calendar on my phone and realized that fellowship meal is NEXT Sunday. So, we took the food back inside and had brisket wraps and cookies for dinner. I am glad that we didn't walk in with all our food and look stupid though. This is still a fairly new church for us and looking stupid is still a big one we are trying to avoid. :)

That was pretty much what we did this weekend. Like I said, not boring but not crazy either. It was just right. Now, I have to tend to my messy house that was neglected the whole time. Where are those toothbrushes.......?

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you finally got those boots you wanted. Now where is that calendar I always told you to have and keep? Love MOM

    ReplyDelete